REMINDER ON SIGN PLACEMENT
The City of Prairie du Chien is reminding residents of the rules and regulations regarding signs. The city has found a number of rummage sale and real estate signs in violation of the right-of-way restrictions:
* No garage sale sign shall be placed closer than fifteen (15) feet to the edge of a road surface.
* No garage sale sign shall be located on city property.
* No garage sale sign shall be located on private property without the consent of the property owner.
* Size of Sign. No garage sale sign shall be more than three (3) feet in height from the ground to the top of the sign, and shall be more than three (3) square feet in size.
* Illegal placement of sign. No signs shall be affixed to a traffic sign, tree, utility pole or any other sign.
* Attachments. No sign shall have any attachments.
* Timing. No garage sale sign shall be placed more than twenty-four (24) hours prior to the sale. No garage sale sign shall remain in place for more than twenty-four (24) hours after the completion of the sale.
* Penalties. Any person found in violation of this subsection shall be subject to a fine of twenty-five (25) dollars per day per sign per violation. Any sign found in violation of the Ordinance will be removed and destroyed. Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact City Hall at 326-6406.